My favorite moment of a wedding is the slight few seconds right before loved ones stand for the bride. My heart swells with every emotional joy possible. The bride’s entrance is the first time the groom meets his beloved and I cannot imagine anything more magical than those moments. Can you believe it, I’m tearing up as I write this. But can you blame me? Love is the most beautiful creation we have and how lucky are we that we get to experience every type of love in this life – especially love that holds deepest commitment to one another.
The way your heart feels about the person you hold so dearly is the way your music should feel just by listening to it. And we have picked out a few songs for you to consider. We hope they light your soul and the grandeur and winsomeness inspires you during your planning process. Plus, the simple thought of greeting your true love at the alter to these song may be enough to carry you through.
1. Postcard from 1952 – Explosions in the Sky
2. Rest of My Life – Holley Maher – I listen and I feel like the grown up Juno would love her music.
3. Adagio in D Minor
4. These Moments – Antoine Dufour
5. White Dress – Ben Rector
6. This Place is a Shelter – Olafur Arnalds
7. You Heard Me Calling – Soft Pipes
8. Lover’s Split – Broken Social Scene – The first part of this song is utterly enthralling bring on the slow-motion fans and doves please.
9. Home – Lights and Motion – LOVE start it at :55 seconds and I feel like I’m in Neverland.
10. The Melody of a Fallen Tree – Windsor for the Derby
11. Walking with Happiness – The Best Pessimist
12. The Eraser – Thom Yorke – This one is for the eclectic bride. It is a beautiful song equipped with its own quirks.
13. Forever Lost – God is an Astronaut
14. The Light – The Album Leaf
Each of these songs contains the hope and joy the first day of your marriage brings. So go ahead and rock out girl, you know you want to.